- Master's Reception and Admissions: Thursday November 19th, 2015 at 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM at Guildhall, Gresham St, London, EC2V-7HH An opportunity for all members of the Company to meet the new Master informally. Book at wcomc.org/events/list !
- The Lord Mayor’s Show [for the 800th year], Saturday 14th November. All Freemen and Liverymen invited to join the WCoMC marchers. Please email David Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place in the WCoMC 'Squad' (or for breakfast and lunch). The official site is http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/about-the-city/the-lord-mayor/Pages/lord-mayors-show.aspx
- The Museum of London invites up to 6 WCoMC members for a (free) breakfast viewing (coffee and croissants) on the following dates - Thurs 5 November, Thurs 12 Nov and Thurs 19 Nov at 8-10 am. This is a fascinating and one-off exhibition of items from the Black Museum of Scotland Yard. Book through -email@example.com and copy Bob Garratt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Christmas Market at Guildhall on Monday 30th November and Tuesday 1 December for the British Red Cross. The Worshipful Company of Feltmakers is calling for hats! – by 20th November. Ladies and gents headwear for any season that are now surplus to your requirements. Donated items clearly marked “For the Feltmakers stall at the Red Cross Christmas market” could be sent either to the offices of the Red cross at 44, Moorfields, London EC2Y 9AL and marked for the attention of Laura Deacon, Community Fundraising Manager, OR to John Hall at Barford Brothers Ltd, 111 North St, Luton, Bedfordshire LU27QG. For further information contact Eda Rose-Lawson at email@example.com OR Susan Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faith Group Forum on Monday 16th November at 6 pm for 6:30 at St Ethelburga's Centre for Reconciliation and Peace, 78 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4AG "Religious Freedom Issues - two perspectives". In a world rife with conflict and war, the Faith Group discuss some of the key issues....
Maintaining that healthy level of insanity in your Client's workplace....
Key to the Management Consultant taking control of the new Project is to scramble all existing Communication systems... Priority is to send your IT team in to change the Voicemail messages of the Upper Circle - CEO, CFO, Divisional Managers etc. Ergo....
- "Hello. This is George’s answering machine and I will need a few things from you. #1 is your full name including middle name. #2 is your address including postal code. #3 is your credit card number with the 3 digit security code on the back. There’s an off-limits site I want to join and I don’t want to use my mother's details..."
-"Hello, I understand how annoying long messages can be. Why do people always waste so much time talking about inconsequentials ? Well I’m with you on this one. I can’t stand people who leave long messages talking about nothing useful. Why can’t they just get to the point? All they have to say is “Hey I’m not here because I’m doing important stuff. Leave a message!” Anyway I’ve kept this message short. Leave one after the beep…."
- "Alright listen, I’m on one line with my girlfriend and her best friend is on the other. Leave a message and if you promise to not tell either of them that I’m a player, I’ll call you back."
- "Hello. This is George’s p.a. and he’s on annual leave. He’s partying in the Caribbean. If you like you can rob his place and I won’t say a word..."
- "Hello. This is George. I didn’t answer your earlier call because, well, I didn’t want to..."
- "Luke.. This is George. I am your father!"
- "Yo Yo Yo.. This is George, who’s here to make the save. You want to talk to me but I will be charging a fee. Leave a message so I can make enough for a massage...!"
- "Moan out loud. This is George…I’m busy.. working... out... leave... a.. message..!"
- "Oh no.. You’re calling.. Someone… please pull my plug!!! Hello.. anyone there?? NOoooo…"
- "Sorry I don’t answer the phone or check my messages but if you are calling to invite me to a party, leave a message and I’ll call you back within seconds...
"This is George and I just picked up the best answering machine in the world. The recordings are in high quality. Leave a message now so I can listen to it in 5.1 surround sound!"
"Yo, this is Bob coming to you from the rave, never knowing when to behave. I can rhyme in perfect time and you should leave one before I come in from the sun…"
"If a telephone rings in an empty room and no one is there to answer it, was there really a phone call? Help me to investigate this phenomenon by leaving your name and number after the tone…"
"What the heck do you want!?"
Please send your writings and pics to -email@example.com .......Editor